Security measures to be adopted in ADSL Modems to safeguard against misuse
- Customer should change the default password with new strong password having combination of numbers, letters and special characters. click here How to change default password of ADSL Modem ( Router)
- There is a reset button in every modem. Whenever it is operated , all configuration settings in ADSL Modem are reset to default factory settings, resulting the resetting of Modem login and password to default admin and admin respectively. Customer should change the default password again to earlier password or any other new password .
- Customer is advised to switch off their ADSL Modem, when not in use.
- Customer is advised to check online his daily usage .And if any unexpected high usage of data is noticed, he may bring in the notice of ISP concerned.
- It is strongly recommended that all modems/routers to be examined for the vulnerability. The default gateway and DNS IP addresses provided by MTNL for preferred list of DNS IP address of MTNL 18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52 / 184.108.40.206