Leased Line Tariff for bandwidth below 2 Mbps
The Tariff ceilings as given below are applicable with effect from 1st May 2005 retrospectively but not applicable to those cases taken under Rent & Guarantee terms, Special Construction or Contribution basis.
The annual rental of the leased line circuits for below 2 Mbps will be in accordance with the table given below.
|Tariff for 64 Kbps Circuits (Rs.)|
- The distance referred to the above is the “Chargeable Distance” i.e. equal to 1.25 times of the radial distance between the points connected.
- The tariff of 64 kbps Classical and 64 kbps MLLN is based on the ceiling prescribed by TRAI.
- The above tariff is specified in distance slabs of 5 kms. The calculation of tariff for intermediate distances (lying in between the distance slabs) will be made on pro rata basis. For this, difference in tariff of the lower and upper distance slabs rates will be taken and divided by 5kms to arrive at per km rate. The distance will be rounded off to the next km. This is explained below with the help of an example-
The Illustration of 8 km distance of 64 kbps – Non MLLN (Classical) Leased Line is given below:
- Charges of 5 km = Rs. 10207/-
- Charges of 10 km = Rs. 10533/-
- Difference (ii) – (i) = Rs. 326/-
- Per km rate (iii)/5 = Rs. 65.2/-
- Rate for 8 km [ (i) + 3 km x (iv) ] = Rs.10207+[3xRs 65.2] = Rs. 10403/-
Co-efficient for circuits above 64 Kbps and below 2 Mbps
The tariff for capacity ranging from 128 kbps to 1 mbps shall be determined by multiplying the tariff of leased circuit of 64 kbps, by the coefficient specified below, subject to the maximum of respective distance slabs of 2 Mbps rates:
TARIFF FOR LOCAL LEAD (OR END LINKS) OR LOCAL CIRCUITS
The charges for the Local Lead & Local Circuits in case of Classical and MLLN are as under: -
(a) Classical Local Lead and Local circuits up to 64 kbps and MLLN based Local Lead up to 64 kbps– Charges for 64 kbps shall be at the classical rates as specified in para 1(A) of circular except charges for local lead and local circuits of less than 5 kms are as under: -.
Note: In MLLN based local lead the NTU rental/charges are required to be added in the above charges applicable for Classical Circuits.
(b) MLLN Based Local Circuits upto 64 kbps- Charges shall be at the MLLN rates as specified in Para I (A) of circular except charges for Local circuits of less than 15 kms the tariff (inclusive of NTU rental) will be as under:
Note: In case of MLLN based Local circuits beyond 15 km, NTU rental shall also be added in MLLN based tariff.
Further that no rebate/concession is to be made available either on main circuit or tariff of local leads to Newspaper or Press. In other words Press/Newspaper shall be charged for 64 kbps classical or on MLLN based as the case may be. The charging for local lead & Local circuits shall be made as per rate specified above. In fact, circuits leased to Newspaper/Press on MLLN shall attract NTU charges subject to the condition that their bill under new tariff regime should not increase the total charges paid by them for individual circuits
Above 64 kbps but below 2Mbps circuits (Classical & MLLN based):
Charges shall be at the rates as specified as per Para I (A) of circular or co-efficient as applicable for Classical and MLLN based Leased Circuits as the case may be.
(i) Even if only one end is MLLN based, the circuits are to be billed/provided at MLLN based tariff only.
(ii) Where the provision of local leads of any capacity is not possible on the existing media then the local leads may be provided on
- Rent and Guarantee Basis, or
- Contribution Basis, or
- Special Construction Basis
(iii) Wherever the subscriber provides the end link the maintenance of same may be carried out by MTNL on specific written request of the subscriber @ 10% of the cost of the end link per annum.
(iv) For intermediate distances above 5 kms, the note 3 to para I above shall apply.
(v) Charging of 2 wires & 4 wires local leads of Long Distance Circuits and local circuits shall be in accordance with the existing instructions.
Telephone Voice Circuits (Speech)
- Point-to-Point & single party : Same rate as applicable for 64 kbps
- Network mode : Classical based circuits.
- For press circuits no discount is permissible, however, For Existing Circuits lower of the new rates applicable as above OR the existing charges payable thereof will be applicable.
Leased Voice Band Data Circuits (upto 9.6 Kbps)
Same rate as applicable for 64 kbps Classical based Circuits.
For press circuits no discount is permissible, however, For Existing Circuits lower of the new rates applicable as above OR the existing charges payable thereof will be applicable.
Charges of Voice band data circuits for Press used for dissemination of news -
Charges as applicable for 64 kbps
All Telegraph circuits are to be billed on Classical rates only.
(i) TELEGRAPH CIRCUITS TO PRESS & NON PRESS SUBSCRIBERS
|50 Bauds||75 Bauds|
|When the circuits is required for full time use daily||80% charge as prescribed for 64 kbps speed data Classical Circuits||100% charge as prescribed for 64 kbps speed data Classical Circuits|
Multi-user Charge- As for the main circuits plus 10% for each additional user (other than principal user).
(ii) TARIFF FOR LOCAL LEAD (OR END LINKS) TO BE CHARGED AS:
a) Charges for leasing the local lead shall be respective rates as per Para I (A) except for less than 5 kms. The rates for less than 5 kms will be as per 3) (a) Above. Per km/p.a./per pair. The fraction of CD km will be rounded off to the next higher.
b) If such leasing is not possible then
- On rent and guarantee basis or
- On contribution basis.
c) Maintenance of the end link: Wherever the end link at subscribers' premises is provided by the subscriber, the maintenance shall be @ 10% of the cost of the link per annum.
1. The existing leased line circuits provided on MLLN systems other than Press are required to be charged for the NTU’s provided at subscriber premises at the following rates. The NTU charges (as table below) are required to be charged from all existing and new customers including new Press/Newspaper:-
Type of MLLN Modem (NTU)
Modem (NTU) Rental per annum per end
n X 64 kbps
2 Mbps V.35/G.703
2 Mbps Ethernet
2. NTU Security Deposit : – NIL w.e.f. 23.02.2008
3. In case of any advance payment made by Consumer/ISP to MTNL for the period beyond 1.05.2005, on the basis of prevailing tariff, pro-rata correction has to be made based on the new tariff with effect from 01.05.2005. In case of customers who have already paid the charges for the period starting from 1st May 2005, the difference shall be either be adjusted from the future rentals, or refunded, where ever the subscriber so insists.
4. For press circuits, no discount is permissible, however, lower of the new rates applicable (i.e. three way charging plus NTU Charges in the case of Long distance circuits and as per applicable rate for Local Circuits) as above OR the existing charges payable thereof will be applicable.