National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP) offered on a short code *99# is a service which would take banking services to every common man in this country. The service would allow every banking customer to access banking services with a single number across all banks – irrespective of the mobile handset make or the region.
- *99# one number for every Indian to access banking services.
- 90% of phones used in the country are GSM phones and this service works on all GSM phones irrespective of handset make, cost, operating system or even the telecom service provider
- Works on basic voice connectivity – unlike an application GPRS connectivity is not required
- The customer need not download any application on the phone
- Question and answer driven interaction – simple for everyone to understand
*Right now this service is only live for MTNL and BSNL customers
Customer requires to mobile banking registered with his/her bank by completing below process:
- Register mobile number with respective bank.
- Generate MMID. MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) is 7-digit number, to be issued by the Bank to the customer upon registration.
- Get M-PIN. M-PIN is Mobile Banking PIN – secret password – to be used by customer during transaction for authentication and security.
- Customer dials *99# from his mobile phone.
- Customer receives welcome message as “Welcome to National Unified USSD Platform for Mobile Banking. Please enter your 7 digit MMID.”
- Customer enters 7 digit MMID received from the bank and sends the request.
- The bank mobile banking menu is displayed on the screen.
- Customer selects the transaction from the menu and enters the details as requested in the NUUP session to complete the transaction.
- Customer enters the MPIN and confirms the transaction.
- Transaction is sent to the Issuer Bank for processing from NUUP Platform.
- Issuer bank completes the transaction and confirms the result on the mobile of the customer in the session.
- Customer gets SMS in case of IMPS transaction with the details of the transaction.
Steps for transaction
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini Statement
- Generate MMID
- Generate OTP
- Request Check Book
Person to Person
The sender must be an MTNL/BSNL customer and beneficiary may be customer of any telecom operators in India. The sender has to dial *99# from his/her mobile and then enter his/her 7-digit MMID, a menu will open and sender has to choose IMPS option and there sender has to enter beneficiary Mobile number, beneficiary MMID, Amount and sender MPIN for initiating transaction. Customer shall receive confirmation SMS for the transaction initiated.
Participating Banks for *99#
Rs.1.50 per session will be charged from customer and in one session customer can do only one transaction.